? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Life without work

Well it's been amazing not working. I don't know if it is mental but I really do feel alot better not being there. I think it's a variety of things really, I have been sleeping in and I love the feeling of getting up casually and not rushing to do things. I have been strict about getting the dogs in a routine where they take care of themselves until mama bear is out of bed. They have been very good so far. I let them out after they have had enough sleep, at around 9:30am-10:00am, they then play in the backyard for a good while. Sometimes Zenny pounds on the door because she doesn't want to miss when I feed the cats - she sits beside them and waits for them to leave bits...hahah, ya she loves the wet cat food..she will also make little whines at them.

I think it will only get better for the dogs once the weather is nice, they never want to come in when it's nice out. I plan on going to the flea market this weekend and buying some bones for them. They sell real bones for a good price, unlike the pet store who sells one bone for $8.00...rediculous. Anywho like I said I'm getting lots of sleep, but I also think there's something to be said about not being in the germ filled air. The air in that office doesn't circulate, and your breathing in everyone disgusting germs. Since I haven't been at work I haven't gotten one headache. I did seen to be getting some in this pregnancy and they were quite unpleasant, more of a pounding sensation...but I haven't gotten one since I have been off. Amazing enough too, the palpitations have decreased. There isn't much that works me up during the day anymore, and I haven't been doing anything physically that normally brings them on. I did however buy a new microwave yesterday and carry it around with me and it was very heavy...I was so tired and my heart was going crazy. Joe called while I was panting and he got mad at me for being stupid and carrying it around with me, he asked why I didn't get a cart, and then I asked myself that...hahah, I wasn't even thinking, ah well.

So it's awesome that I'm feeling great lately, I just wish our house was in order. The kitchen renovation is progressing, however there is alot more work to do then we originally thought. It is going to look awesome however, but it takes alot of time! Joe and myself love doing projects together, we both love it so much. We work so well together, it's amazing really. We assign each others projects and go to it. Like the bathroom once we started ripping everything out we found out there was alot more to be done then we thought...since this house is very old everything was done different then today, and the methods and supplies they used just don't work and everything needs to be redone. I love watching Joe work- I love learning things about plumbing, electrical, drywalling, carpentry, laying flooring, everything really. I can't explain how much I have learnt from Joey. I have learnt most about plumbing obviously, and it's nothing what people think. There is so much to plumbing it's incredible. Most of the work Joe does is quite difficult stuff and you are constantly thinking. However the plumbing in our kitchen will be quite easy for him which is nice.

Anywho here is an update on the kitchen. Cabinet doors are all painted- I had to prime all of them and then give them 3 coats of the cabinet colour we picked. This is very time consuming work! I painted all of the cabinet on the wall, inside and out as well. They all required 3 coats as well....I knew I had to do the cabinets well or else the whole kitchen would look sloppy. We also installed more cabinets on the one wall giving us more storage...they look great! We ripped out the old back splash and counter tops and also ripped out all the flooring. Joe and myself bought a brand new dishwasher and we got lucky with this because when we went to future shop to buy a basic white one we saw a Frigidaire stainless steal dishwasher for the same price. This was because it was "out of box" still new but it was just out of the box. Clearly we didn't care that it was out of box so we bought that one. It's like a $700.00 dishwasher and we got it for $249.00! So we did really well on that one. Joe then had to build a wood surrounding to hold the dishwasher and we also had to change around the lower cabinets to make it work. This is because there was no built in dishwasher before, just a portable one. We ran the dishwasher yesterday for the first time and it works great! so quiet too which is nice.

Anywho we also got a coat of a fresh blue on the walls - love the colour. We ordered our counter tops yesterday night and we will get those in about a week. Once Joe gets home from work today we will most likely lay the floor...were just doing a peel and stick kind of flooring, but it's very nice and durable- great for 4 animals and a baby lol! Since I don't have much to do today I think I will put the cabinet doors back on, install the nice new handles I bought for them, and give them one good coat once there up. Other then that we need another coat on the blue and then just need to get the counter tops and install them. So we are doing quite well, I'm very pleased. You won't believe the transformation...It already looks like a completely different kitchen. When were done I will post before and after pictures. Oh ya we also built a shelf below the cabinets to hold the microwave. This allows us to have much more counter space - which is very needed. The microwave I bought is a nice stainless steal one and will go with the dishwasher and hardware on the cabinets. I also forgot the tell you that we bought tiles for the back splash. Two different colours, I won't tell you, but you will see pictures after. Unfortunately the back splash is the last step, I can't do it until the counter tops are installed.

So as you can imagine we have been very busy lately. I had a girls night out the other night and went out with Pam and Steph. We came here and hung out for awhile and then went out for dinner and steph and Pam had some drinks...lol, I had a nice big rootbeer....mmmm, so good. I rather that then alcohol anyways haha. Anywho we then went out to a movie, it was a great night. Lots of laughs that's for sure. Anyways I need to eat some breakfast, poor little Mia is hungry.


Life is good...So much to look forward too!!

0 comments: